Overview of Program
In the General Career Preparation Program, students gain the skills and knowledge needed for success in a variety of career fields. The program also prepares students for career college, vocational training, community college, or other form of higher education.
This is an excellent option for students who are undecided in their career majors, but need career training they can apply in any occupation or course of study. The program stresses the computer and communications skills needed in today’s workplace. Courses focus on the following topics:
- General computer skills
- Using popular office software programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Email and the Internet
- Time management
- Managing yourself and others
- How to be successful in the workplace
- Workplace challenges and opportunities
Career Courses in Program
What do students graduate with?
- High School Diploma from Independence Career Online High School
- Professional Skills Development Certificate